Who we are
In order to improve, aid, and encourage competency in the art and practice of falconry among interested persons, we associate ourselves as a non-profit organization, known as the Alaska Falconers Association (AFA).
Our purpose is to
- Provide communication among and to all members
- Promote the scientific study of the raptor species, their care, welfare, and training
- Promote conservation of the birds of prey and an appreciation for their value in nature and in wildlife conservation programs
- Urge recognition of falconry as a legal field sport
- Establish traditions which will aid, perpetuate, and further the welfare of falconry and the raptors it employs
Not a Licensed Falconer? Want to learn more?
Learn About Becoming a Falconer & More:
Delta Junction, AK
Frederick "Dutch" Overly
From Trapping & Training to Hunting & Health!
As an associate member, you’ll get access to more information and resources such as, required equipment and how to find a sponsor!